900 - Principles of Real Estate Engineering
- Course Number: C900
- Course Title: Principles of Real Estate Engineering
- Course Level: Core
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This two-day, beginning-level course introduces participants to the basic principles of engineering drawings. By the end of this course, participants will be able to understand and interpret engineering drawings, use an engineer’s scale, determine the engineering effects of a project on a property, understand the background and become knowledgeable about the most common systems and methods of property descriptions, and be able to write and plot property descriptions using various methods.
- New SR/WA: A core course that is required for the RWA certification.
- Industry: A core course that is required in all 4 pathways for the RWP certification.
- Understanding the basic principles of engineering drawings
- Understanding and interpreting information on plans
- Using an engineer’s scale to determine distances
- Identifying types of highway curves
- Determining the effects of a project on a property
- Understanding the background of property descriptions
- Become knowledgeable of the basic features of property descriptions
- Become familiar with the most common systems and methods of property
- Writing and plotting property descriptions using various methods
Course Tuition Includes
- Learning Guide
- Exercise Answers
- Engineering tools (engineering scale, protractor and straight edge)