100 (2 Day) - Principles of Land Acquisition
- Course Number: C100 (2-Day)
- Course Title: Principles of Land Acquisition
- Course Level: Core
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU/CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This 2-day course provides an awareness of the disciplines involved in right of way and the vital importance of the “team approach” to project management. Participants will gain an understanding of environmental issues, learn the methods of acquiring and transferring title to realty, understand three views of engineering plans and the fundamentals in property description systems. Participants will also be introduced to ethics and its critical role in right of way. Additional topics include the requirements of a valid contract, information on easements, deeds, leases, the appraisal process, successful negotiations, and relocation requirements involved with right of way property acquisition and management.
- New Program: Core course required for the RWA certification.
- Industry: Core course required for the RWA certification.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-URAC certification.
- Property Law
- Environmental Concerns
- Appraisal of Real Property
- Relocation Assistance
Course Tuition Includes
- Learning Guide
- Principles of Right of Way Textbook
- Engineering Tools (engineering scale, protractor and straight edge)
- Real Estate Dictionary
- Study Guide
- United States Law Relocation Supplement (for U.S. classes only)
- Canadian Supplement (for Canadian classes only)