400 - Principles of Real Estate Appraisal
- Course Number: C400
- Course Title: Principles of Real Estate Appraisal
- Course Level: Core
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This two-day, beginning-level course introduces the valuation process, basic terminology, and three approaches used to develop real estate value opinions. Two case studies (residential and commercial) are utilized throughout the course.
At the conclusion of this two-day course, participants will be able
- Express an understanding of basic real estate terms and principles.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the valuation process and its components.
- Discuss the definitions of ,and steps in, each of the three approaches to
value (cost, sales comparison and income capitalization).
- Solve problems which show an understanding of the three approaches to value.
- New SR/WA: A core course that is required for the RWP certification.
- Industry: A core course that is required for all 4 pathways for the RWP certification.
- Specialist: A core course that is required for the R/W-AC and R/W-URAC certifications.
- Types and Uses of Appraisals
- Types of Value
- Area and Site Analysis
- Highest and Best Use Analysis
- Sales Comparison Approach
- Reconciliation and Final Value Determination
- Introduction to Partial Acquisitions
- Economic Principles
- The Appraisal Process
- Market Analysis
- Cost Approach
Course Tuition Includes
- Participant Manual
- USPAP Text