400C - Principles of Real Estate Appraisal (Canadian)
- Course Number: C400C
- Course Title: Principles of Real Estate Appraisal – Canadian
- Course Level: Core
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course enables participants to demonstrate a basic knowledge of the
valuation process and its components. Two case studies (residential and
commercial) are utilized throughout the course.
At the conclusion of this two-day course, participants will be able to:
- Express an understanding of basic real estate terms and principles.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the valuation process and its components.
- Discuss the definitions of, and steps in, each of the three approaches to
value (cost, sales comparison and income capitalization).
- Solve problems that show an understanding of the three approaches to value.
- Generalist: A core course that can be applied towards the RWA, ARWP or RWP program.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-AC program.
TopicsTypes and uses of appraisal
Types of value
Area and site analysis
Highest and best use analysis
Sales comparison approach
Reconciliation and final value determination
Introduction to partial acquisitions
The appraisal process
Course Tuition Includes
- Participant Manual
- Canadian USPAP (the "Standards")