409 - Integrating Appraisal Standards
- Course Number: C409
- Course Title: Integrating Appraisal Standards
- Course Level: Advanced
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course assists industry professionals in learning how to
utilize and apply appraisal standards uniformly while meeting USPAP and other
relevant requirements, and also clarifies assignments for agency staff and
outside consultants. This course is a combination of lecture, PowerPoint
presentation, exercises and case studies, with emphasis on participation and
- An advanced course that can be applied towards recertification.
- Specialist: An elective for the R/W-AC program.
- Broad Overview, Origin of Laws and Standards: Financial and Non-Financial; Legal Framework behind Federal Agencies, Federal and State Laws
- Standards: USPAP, The Yellow Book; The Appraisal Guide; 49CFR 24, The Appraisal of Real Estate; The Appraisal Journal; OMB Bulletin 92-06; The Reclamation Manual; Agency Standards
- Which apply, and when? (FHWA, USPAP, The Uniform Act, Yellow Book; etc.
- Rules: Jurisdictional Exception; Appraisal Development; Reporting; Extraordinary Assumptions and Hypothetical Conditions; USPAP Applicability of Agency Rules and Scope of Work Decision Matrix; Agency Responsibility
- Statements, Advisory Opinions and Frequently Asked Questions
Course Tuition Includes
- Participant Manual
- USPAP Text
- USPAP FAQ's