700 - Introduction to Property and Asset Management
- Course Number: C700
- Course Title: Introduction to Property and Asset Management
- Course Level: Core
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This two-day, intermediate-level course addresses all major aspects of property and asset management. Participants will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to establish a cost-effective management plan that increases profitability, conserves resources, and reduces risk exposure.
- New SR/WA: A beginning level course that is required for the RWP certification.
- Industry: A beginning level course that is required in the Transportation Pathway for the SR/WA designation and an elective in the Generalist Pathway for the RWP certification.
- Specialist: A beginning level required course for the R/W-AMC certification.
- Establish, classify, and maintain a property inventory
- Develop simplified management policies and procedures
- Identify and evaluate risks, hazards and liabilities
- Establish ownership monitoring schedules to control encroachments and other unauthorized uses
- Decide if property should be leased, sold or held
- Recognize advantages and pitfalls of joint use agreements
- Effectively repair and maintain improved properties
- Profitably dispose of excess lands or property rights