603C - Understanding Environmental Contamination in Real Estate (Canadian)
- Course Number: C603C
- Course Title: Understanding Environmental Contamination in Real Estate – Canadian
- Course Level: Intermediate
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course is geared toward right of way professionals who
may face the issue of contaminated properties, focusing on causes, effects and
remedies of environmental contamination. This course emphasizes the importance
of knowing the behavior of contaminants in the environment, environmental
liabilities and auditing processes, underground storage tank removal and
contamination assessment, cleanup and closures. Participants will learn how to
evaluate potential problems that occur as a result of acquiring contaminated
properties, and to evaluate, manage and minimize risks and liabilities.
- Generalist: An intermediate course that can be applied
towards the ARWP, RWP or SR/WA program.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-EC program.
- Contaminants and the meaning of the term “contaminated”
- Basics of geology, hydrology and hydrogeology
- Movement and change in contaminants
- Options for managing environmental contamination