606 - The Environmental Process
- Course Number: C606
- Course Title: The Environmental Process
- Course Level: Advanced
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course familiarizes participants with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and other important legislation which guides the project development process, as well as the various agencies and stakeholders involved. Participants are also introduced to the right of way professional’s role in each phase of the project development process and the responsibilities for which he or she will be held accountable when seeing a project through to completion. For purposes of this course, right of way acquisition and management is defined broadly to include acquisition and management of real property, typically for construction projects (linear and non-linear), but also for other purposes such as environmental mitigation.
- Generalist: An advanced course that can be applied towards recertification.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-EC program.
- Overview of project development and environmental process
- Other environmental legislation
- Comprehensive environmental permit strategies
- Review and introduction to case study exercises
- Project conceptualization
- Constraints analysis and siting
- Project planning and preliminary design
- Project decision, detailed design and ROW acquisition
- Operations and maintenance