304 - When Public Agencies Collide
- Course Number: C304
- Course Title: When Public Agencies Collide
- Course Level: Intermediate
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This managerial course presents sources of, and solutions to,
conflicts between public agencies. The course is interactive, utilizing the
experiences of the facilitator and participants, text material, and a
progressively complex participant exercise. The goal of the course is to
provide participants with insights and tools for avoiding, resolving and
managing conflicts in the public sector.
- An intermediate course that can be applied towards recertification.
- Specialist: Not applicable.
- Sources of Public Agency (PA) conflict
- Personality and behavior factors
- Primary drivers (motivators) of Public Agencies
- The role of bureaucracies
- The influence of politics
- Processes for conflict resolution