201 - Communications in Real Estate Acquisition
- Course Number: C201
- Course Title: Communications in Real Estate Acquisition
- Course Level: Intermediate
- IRWA Credits: 24 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
Utilizing self-learning exercises, role-playing and
simulations of actual acquisition interviews, this course helps to instill
confidence in participants and to enhance their communication/negotiation
skills. Participants are given the opportunity for extensive individual
participation, and are encouraged to experiment with the practical application
of communication concepts and skills presented and discussed. Following the
self-learning exercises and role-playing sessions, participants receive feedback
regarding what they are doing effectively, as well as the areas in which they
are in need of improvement.
The acquisition interview is presented in a step-by-step
approach: how to start, how to develop trust, how to handle problems and
objections, and how to close. Using video cameras, participants can then
practice these steps by taking part in simulations of actual acquisition
interviews. These video demonstrations are then replayed, enabling participants
to see themselves “in action.”
PLEASE NOTE: Each participant is required to
bring an example of an actual acquisition case that has already been conducted
or will soon be conducted. This case is needed on the first day of class.
- Industry: An intermediate course that can be applied towards all 4 pathways in the RWA program.
- Specialist: An elective for the R/W-AMC, R/W-EC, and R/W-NAC programs.
- Introduction to communications, effective communications, interpersonal relations
- Barriers to acquisition, professional/owner communication, motivation, psychology of persuasion, ethics of persuasion
- Introduction to role-playing; sequential approach to the acquisition interview; video tape interview; simulation interview; group feedback and critical analysis
- The art of listening & questioning; self-analysis inventory; critical listening; empathic listening; probe techniques
Course Tuition Includes