207 - Practical Negotiations for U.S. Federal and Federally Assisted Projects
- Course Number: C207
- Course Title: Practical Negotiations for U.S. Federal Funded Land Acquisitions
- Course Level: Intermediate
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course reviews the Uniform Act acquisition (negotiation) requirements for
Federal and federally assisted programs. During this course, participants
examine negotiations styles and explore practical approaches, and are also
provided with tips on how to improve settlement rates for right of way
acquisitions, with adequate consideration to significant right of way elements
involved in the location and design of the project, including possible social,
economic, and environmental effects.
- An intermediate course that can be applied towards continuing education and recertification credit.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-URAC program; an elective for the R/W-AMC, R/W-EC, and R/W-NAC programs.
At the conclusion of the two days, the participants will be able to:
Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the requirements, as they relate to negotiationsfor Federal and federally assisted projects under the Uniform Relocation Assistanceand Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended.
Develop an understanding of negotiating styles.Use practical approaches and tips to improve right of way acquisition settlement rates.
Course Tuition Includes