209 - Negotiating Effectively with a Diverse Clientele
- Course Number: C209
- Course Title: Negotiating Effectively with a Diverse Clientele
- Course Level: Intermediate
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course explores the processes, dynamics, challenges and opportunities
involved when negotiating with a diverse clientele, with the goal of maximizing
each participant’s personal negotiating power and effectiveness. Participants
will increase their cultural awareness and sensitivity, gain awareness of
different negotiation styles, learn intercultural communication skills for
resolving conflicts and will be exposed to collaborative negotiation for
reaching mutually satisfying agreements with people of diverse backgrounds.
Participants will also gain a greater understanding of the causes and roots of
misinterpretation, which can cause cultural collisions due to factors such as:
the dynamics of communication, behavioral prescriptions, assumptions,
perceptions, values, reasoning styles, attitudes, language, social relations,
ethnocentrism, ambiguity, orientations and patterns, formality, emotion,
different values, attitudes and reasoning styles and their relationships to
communication and negotiation.
- An intermediate course that can be applied towards continuing education and recertification credit.
- Specialist: An elective for the R/W-AMC, R/W-EC and R/W-NAC programs.
- Intercultural negotiations
- Intercultural competence
- Building relationships across cultures
- Intercultural communications
- Cultural dimensions comparison
- Language and culture
- Descriptive vs. interpretive statements
- Dimensions of diversity
Course Tuition Includes