802C - Legal Aspects of Easements (Canadian)
- Course Number: C802C
- Course Title: Legal Aspects of Easements – Canadian
- Course Level: Advanced
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
In this course, terminology and concepts are brought to life
with examples and exercises. By gaining a thorough understanding of all relevant
legal considerations, right of way professionals become better equipped to avoid
future problems in the appraisal, acquisition and management of easements.
- New SR/WA: An advanced level course that is required for the SR/WA designation.
- Industry: An advanced level course that is required in the Generalist Pathway for the SR/WA designation and an elective course that can be applied towards the Oil & Gas Pipeline Pathway for the SR/WA designation.
- Specialist: An advanced level course that is required for the R/W-NAC certification.
- Types of easements
- Rules of construction for easements construed against grantor, specific
terms in grant
- Creation of easements; express grants; express reservations by reference;
implied grant by necessity, by condemnation, by prescription
- Termination of easements, abandonment, expiration/purpose ceases, release,
merger estoppel, eminent domain, vacation
- Scope of use, exclusive vs. non-exclusive, division of dominant estate
Maintenance and repair, obstructions
- Location and width, blanket easements by necessity, relocation
Course Tuition IncludesParticipant Manual