804 - Skills of Expert Testimony
- Course Number: C804
- Course Title: Skills of Expert Testimony
- Course Level: Advanced
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course is facilitated by an attorney and/or an experienced appraiser. The
situations faced by the expert witness are analyzed through extensive use of
simulations based on actual cases, creating a unique learning situation.
- Generalist: An advanced course that can be applied towards
the RWP or SR/WA program.
- Specialist: Not applicable.
- What to consider when hiring a witness and when accepting an assignment
- How to handle discovery and exchange of information
- What you need to know about a jury
- Ways to handle qualifications
- Techniques of direct testimony
- The “do’s and don’ts” of displays
- Techniques of effective cross-examination