902 - Property Descriptions
- Course Number: C902
- Course Title: Property Descriptions
- Course Level: Advanced
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This one-day, advanced-level course provides a working knowledge of
plotting and interpreting property descriptions. The course discusses several methods of property
descriptions (e.g., metes and bounds, centerline, point, subdivision and lot and block, Public Land Survey
System (PLSS), and State Plane Coordinate System).
- New SR/WA: An advanced course that is required for the SR/WA designation.
- Industry: An advanced course that is required for the Oil & Gas Pipeline and Electric & Utilities pathways for the RWP certification. It can also be applied as an elective towards the Generalist and Transportation pathways for the SR/WA designation.
- Specialist: An advanced course that is required course for the R/W-NAC certification.
- Requirements of a valid description
- Use of the rectangular grid system
- When and how to use the point and centerline method
- Sources of uncertainties
- Subdivision descriptions
- Metes and bounds descriptions
Course Tuition Includes
- Learning Guide
- Exercise Answers
- Engineering tools (engineering scale, protractor and straight edge)