902 - Property Descriptions
- Course Number: C902
- Course Title: Property Descriptions
- Course Level: Advanced
- IRWA Credits: 8 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This course covers topographic and property information on
engineering plans, the interrelationship of plan, profile and cross-section
views, the horizontal and vertical alignment of a centerline, aerial
photogrammetry, place coordinates, utility line crossings of highways, contours,
calculating earthwork and the interpretation of right of way plans.
- Industry: An advanced course that is required for the Oil & Gas Pipeline and Electric & Utilities pathways in the RWP program. It can also be applied towards the Generalist and Transportation pathways in the SR/WA program.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-NAC program.
- Requirements of a valid description
- Use of the rectangular grid system
- When and how to use the point and centerline method
- Sources of uncertainties
- Subdivision descriptions
- Metes and bounds descriptions
Course Tuition Includes
- Participant Manual
- Engineering tools (engineering scale, protractor and straight edge)