200 - Principles of Real Estate Negotiation
- Course Number: C200
- Course Title: Principles of Real Estate Negotiation
- Course Level: Core
- IRWA Credits: 16 QEU / CEU
- AQB Credits: Not Applicable
- Prerequisites: Not Applicable
This two-day, beginning-level course is designed to first introduce you to the primary communication principles and concepts associated with right of way acquisitions. The course begins with a brief introduction of the three major types of negotiation: Integrative, Bargaining, and Intra-Agency. Next, there is a discussion of the basic negotiation principles, as well as the characteristics and attitudes of successful negotiators. From there, you will engage in an in-depth study of the acquisition process and be introduced to a plan for effective negotiations. The course concludes with a discussion of the most important communication variables affecting negotiations and strategies to employ when negotiations fail.
- New SR/WA: A core course that is a requirement for the RWA certification.
- Industry: A core course that can be applied towards all 4 pathways for the RWA certification.
- Specialist: A core course that is a requirement for the R/W-URAC certification and an elective for the R/W-AMC, R/W-EC, and R/W-NAC certifications.
- Overview of types of negotiations
- Pre-negotiation “must do’s”
- Creating your own individual negotiation style
- Communicating effectively throughout the negotiation process
- Negotiating with attorneys and other “powerful” owners
- Common issues, tactics, and pitfalls in negotiations
- Preparing for administrative settlements, legal settlements and condemnation
Course Tuition Includes